Saturday 5 November 2016

Movie Review: Preview Screening - Trolls

Movie/Film Review - Trolls
Rating : 4.5/5 *
Genre : Animation/Comedy/Musical
Director : Mike Mitchell and Walt Dohrn
Produced by : Gina Shay
Screenplay by : Jonathan Aibel and Glen Berger
Story by : Erica Rivinoja
Based on : Trolls Dolls by Thomas Dam
Starring : The voices of Anna KendrickJustin TimberlakeZooey DeschanelRussell BrandJames Corden and Gwen Stefani
Production company : DreamWorks Animation
Distributed by : 20th Century Fox
Release date : 3 November 2016
Running time : 1 hour 32 minutes
Country : United States
Language : English


Synopsis:


After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (Anna Kendrick) the happiest Troll ever born and the overly-cautious, curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake) set off on a journey to rescue her friends. Their mission is full of adventure and mishaps, as this mismatched duo try to tolerate each other long enough to get the job done.

Theatrical Poster



If you're a fan of Dreamworks animated musical films and love Troll the doll, then you're not going to miss this movie! This film has been released on November 3, 2016.

Trolls is a 3D computer-animated musical buddy comedy film based on the dolls of the same name by Thomas Dam. The film stars the voices of Anna KendrickJustin TimberlakeZooey DeschanelRussell BrandJames Corden and Gwen Stefani revolves around two trolls on a quest to save their village from destruction by the Bergens, creatures who devour trolls.

A colorful pallet of visuals, a fantastic combination of songs, funny, awesome fantasy adventure and a genuinely emotional scene makes this film a strong stand-out for DreamWorks. Great feel good movie with brilliant vocal performances (hits all the right notes every time they belt out a song), the songs, the dances, the characters everything will make you smile.

Trolls is a fun movie to watch and sing along, it is definitely the perfect movie to watch with the entire family. Such a sweet film with great music, a lovely heartwarming story and fabulous hidden meaning bits for the grown ups!

All I can say that it was very entertaining for kids and adults. I'd give 4.5/5 * because I thoroughly enjoyed this movie--loved the bright colors, the characters and the upbeat songs! I really like light-hearted films like this eventhough I cried a bit at one scene but a good movie gives you feels and I think this one certainly gave me plenty! Can't say how much I love this movie, it was the most pleasant and entertaining kids movie I have seen in years!



Preview Screening


Me, twin sis Erin, sis Sasha Saidin & her son Adam Arya


Me, Erin with friends Jeff & Yvonne



"Can't Stop The Feeling"
Everybody sing!
(I can't stop the feeling)
Got this feeling in my body
(I can't stop the feeling)
Got this feeling in my body
(I can't stop the feeling)
Wanna see you move your body
(I can't stop the feeling)
Got this feeling in my body
Break it down
Got this feeling in my body
Can't stop the feeling...


Anna Kendrick as Princess Poppy & Justin Timberlake as Branch


Kunal Nayyar as Guy Diamond, Quvenzhané Wallis as Harper, James Corden as Biggie, Ron Funches as Cooper, Gwen Stefani as DJ Suki, Aino Jawo as Satin (twin) & Caroline Hjelt as Chenille (twin)


Princess Poppy, Branch & friends


Movie Trailer


The preview screening is courtesy of 20th Century Fox Malaysia. If you like my story, do follow me on InstagramFacebook and Twitter for more latest movie updates!


xoxo - aly

No comments:

Post a Comment